Learn how to approach local SEO, including how to rank well on Google Maps as well as local organic listings.
Local search is gaining more importance with every year that passes. For the vast majority of companies who either provide a service or sell products from a set location, they will realise that most customers will come from within a 10-mile radius. For this reason, it is important to ensure that you not only rank well for local terms like ‘Taxi Company in Manchester’ or ‘Plumbers in Liverpool’ but also appear in the Google Maps results. The click through rate on the Google Map 3-Pack now stands at 25%, roughly equal to that of paid adverts (Google Ads) at the top of the results page. Statistics show that 50% of people who perform a local search will visit a store on the same day and 18% of all local search result in a sale within 24 hours. All of this underlines the importance of local search and how valuable it is to be able to rank either your own website or a clients website near the top of the results page.
Who is this course suitable for?
(Difficult Rating: ***** – Requires very basic knowledge of SEO, it is recommended that the SEO For Beginners course be taken first if you are a complete beginner in the field)
- Service providers or local store owners. Local SEO is as effective for companies with numerous store locations (it will just require more work).
- Marketing professionals looking to expand their knowledge/skillset in this area.
- Business owners/marketing managers looking to appoint an agency in the coming months who wish to know what to look out for in the pitch process.
The following itinerary for the half day (3 hour) course outlines all aspects of local SEO that will be covered on the day. As always, all course material will be available for you to take with you and the session will end with a Q&A.
Introduction to Local SEO
- Why is local SEO important? How influential can it be?
- Which search engines can local SEO be done on?
- Different elements to local SEO
- The business impact of local SEO
Google My Business
- How to set up your Google My Business page
- Optimising your GMB page for your business sector/relevant keywords
- How to improve your ranking in the ‘Google Map Pack’ in search results
- Reviews – How important are they, how to encourage customers to leave them
- Overview of what a local citation is and where they can be found
- NAP (Name, Address & Phone Number) and its importance
- How to monitor your local citations and keep track of them
- Useful tools to compare your local citations with competitors
Other Search Engines/Map Software
- Apple Maps
How To Rank Organically For Local Keywords
- Local Citations
- Keyword Research & On Page Optimisation
- Link Building
- Structured Data
- What is it? How can it help generate traffic/enquiries/sales?
If you would like any further information about what the course covers, please feel free to get in touch and we’ll do our best to answer any questions you may have. Additionally, if you have a request for something to be included, we may be able to accommodate this.